Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's Official!

This time next year I will be returning from my very first mission trip!! I am going out to Sun Valley Arizona to the Sun Valley Indian School. There is at least 16 of us going, the biggest group they've had go out so far. I am so excited and couldn't sleep lastnight after returning from the meeting at Church to start discussing some plans.

I am also pretty nervous now that the reality is finally setting in. I have never been on an airplane before and this flight will be a good 5 hours. I get car sick so that worries me a little. Also and most importantly I have never been this far away from my little ones before. And for a WHOLE WEEK!! We will be leaving Saturday Oct 2th (unless we can't get a close flight, then we will have to leave friday and stay in a hotel) and will be returning Saturday Oct 9th. So please pray that we do get the close flight so I have that night at home with my family!

I want to also say that I have absolutely no idea who will be keeping my kids while I am away. They will be in school so I need someone to come here to watch them. Ralph (my husband) didn't want to come along for the trip but he also has never agreed to take off work to watch them for me. I'm sure you are wondering why I am going when I have no idea who will be taking care of my family, but I have let this all in Gods hands! I knew over a year ago that he wanted me to make this trip so I am confident that when the time comes it will all be taken care of!

So now I get to start thinking about fundraisers. I have to raise over $1,000 for this trip and I am ready to do whatever it takes to do it. I think we are going to sell some candles before christmas so that should go over well. I HOPE!!!

If anyone has any ideas on fundrasiers that are a big hit, please let me know.

Here is the link to the school that we will be at: http://www.indianschool.org/index.html

And this is the Work & Witness Program~ http://www.indianschool.org/work-and-witness.html it tells a little more about what all I will be doing while I am out there. And yes I do get to visit the Grand Canyon while I am out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment